How do I get the ruler in Word in CM?
Changing the measurement system in Microsoft Word Click Options. Click Advanced in the categories on the left. Scroll down to the Display group in the panel on the right. Beside Show measurements in units of, choose inches, centimeters, millimeters, points or pics from the drop-down menu.
How do I measure cm in Word?
To change measurement units in Word, do the following:
- On the File tab, click Options:
- In the Word Options dialog box, on the Advanced tab, under Display, in the Show measurements in units of drop-down list, choose the measurement units you need:
- Click OK.
- Note: Be careful, 1 cm = 0.3937 inch and 1 inch = 2.54 cm.
How do I turn off the Ruler in Word 2013?
Show and Hide the Rulers Click the View tab. Select or clear the Ruler check box.
How do you show the margin lines in Word?
View page margins
- Click the Microsoft Office Button. , and then click Word Options.
- Click Advanced, and then click the Show text boundaries check box under Show document content. The page margins appear in your document as dotted lines.
How do I turn on the Ruler in Word?
Show the rulers
- Go to View and select Ruler.
- If the vertical ruler doesn’t show, make sure you’re in Print Layout view. If it still doesn’t show, you might need to turn the ruler on. Go to Word > Preferences > View (under Authoring and Proofing Tools). Then, in the View dialog box, select the Vertical ruler box.
How do I change the ruler in Word?
Go to File > Options > Advanced. Scroll down to Display. Select the unit you want in Show measurements in units of. Select OK.
How do I change the ruler to cm in Word 2016?
Changing Measurement Units
- Display the Word Options dialog box.
- Click Advanced at the left side of the dialog box.
- Scroll through the available options until you see the Display section.
- Using the Show Measurements in Units Of drop-down list, select the units of measurement you want used by default.
- Click on OK.
How do I change from CM to inches in Word Mac 2020?
Change ruler units
- Choose Pages > Preferences (from the Pages menu at the top of your screen), then click Rulers at the top of the preferences window.
- Click the Ruler Units pop-up menu, then choose an increment (Points, Centimeters, or Inches).
How do I remove Ruler lines in Word?
Remove a horizontal line
- Place the cursor immediately above the horizontal line.
- On the Home tab, click the arrow next to the Borders and Shading button, and click No Border.
How to change ruler size in Microsoft Word?
Change the ruler to show inches, centimeters, millimeters, points, or picas. Click the File tab, click Options, click Advanced, click the Show Measurement In Units list arrow, select the measurement you want, and then click OK. You can set your text to be hyphenated. Hyphenation prevents ugly gaps and short lines in text.
Where do I find ruler unit in word?
Click the “File” tab. Click “Options” in the menu list on the left. The Word Options dialog box displays. Click “Advanced” in the menu list on the left side of the dialog box. Scroll down to the Display section.
What do the rulers do on a Word document?
Word rulers do more than measure. The horizontal ruler above the document shows the length of the typing line and lets you quickly adjust left and right margins and indents, set tabs, and change column widths. The vertical ruler along the left edge of the document lets you adjust top and bottom margins and change table row heights.
How to show vertical ruler in Microsoft Office?
To show the vertical ruler Go to File> Options> Advanced. Select the Show vertical ruler in Print Layout viewunder Display. Show the rulers Go to Viewand select Ruler. If the vertical ruler doesn’t show, make sure you’re in Print Layoutview. If it still doesn’t show, you might need to turn the ruler on.