How do I contact a tenancy tribunal?

Auckland Tenancy Tribunal

  1. Visit us. Auckland District Court.
  2. Phone numbers. Phone: 0800 268 787.
  3. Email. Tenancy enquiries, including Waitakere, North Shore, Manukau, Papakura & Pukekohe District Courts:
  4. Send us mail. Auckland Tenancy Tribunal.
  5. Wheelchair access.
  6. Other services here.

How much does tenancy tribunal cost?

The application fee is $20.44 (including GST). If you are the one making the application, you pay the fee. If you’re on a benefit, Work and Income may be able to help you. If you’re successful, the Tenancy Tribunal can order the other party to pay you the application fee.

What can the Tenancy Tribunal do?

The Tenancy Tribunal can help you if you have an issue with a tenant or landlord that you can’t solve yourself. The Tribunal will hear both sides of the argument and can issue an order that is legally binding.

How long does a Tenancy Tribunal decision take?

If a case is going to a Tribunal hearing, it will usually take 20 working days from the application date to the hearing date. This might be longer in the busier months of January to March. Mediation cases take about eight working days from when the application is made to mediation.

What power does the Tenancy Tribunal have?

The Tenancy Tribunal has wide powers to resolve various types of tenancy disputes. This can include: deciding whether there’s a legally binding tenancy agreement between the two sides. deciding whether an agreement is covered by the Residential Tenancies Act.

Is Tenancy Tribunal free?

To make an application to the Tenancy Tribunal you need to complete an application form. It costs $20.44 to apply to the Tenancy Tribunal. You can apply online.

Who can attend a tenancy tribunal NZ?

The hearing is public and either person can take support people with them. If you want to bring any witnesses, call Tenancy Services in advance so we can let the court know in time. Your witnesses will need to wait outside the courtroom until they’re called to give their evidence.

Who pays the rates on a rental property?

The occupier of the premises is responsible for paying business rates. This will usually be the owner or the tenant. Sometimes the landlord of the property charges the occupier a rent that also includes an amount for the business rates.

Can lawyers appear in the Tenancy Tribunal?

You may only have a lawyer or a representative appear on your behalf in special cases. These are where: the dispute is for more than $6,000. the other person agrees or the Tribunal allows it.

Who pays the service charge on a rented flat?

When a rental property is located inside of a block of apartments, flats or a house conversion or house share, it’s often a requirement that either the tenant pay an annual service charge. This charge will usually cover general maintenance and repair work that needs to be carried out in communal spaces.

When to contact the New Zealand Tenancy Tribunal?

Contact Tenancy Services(external link) You should contact the tribunal directly if: your hearing is less than 5 days away and you can’t attend. you have a question about a rehearing or an appeal.

When do I need to use the tenancy services form?

A landlord should use this form to let Tenancy Services know that there has been a change of tenant in a rental property where a bond has been lodged. Tenancy Tribunal application online If you have a dispute with your tenant or landlord and need help to resolve it, you can apply to the Tenancy Tribunal online.

What can a Tenancy Tribunal do for You?

Tenancy Tribunal. The Tenancy Tribunal can help you if you have an issue with a tenant or landlord that you can’t solve yourself. The Tribunal will hear both sides of the argument and can issue an order that is legally binding. In this section. Find out how to apply to the Tenancy Tribunal and how much it will cost.

Where can I apply for a tenancy in NSW?

You can apply online for a tenancy application or download a PDF application form. Lodge your application at any NCAT Registry Office, NSW Fair Trading or Service NSW Centre. Refer to the Tenancy and social housing fact sheet (PDF , 764.9 KB) for the types of orders that can be made. Fees are payable for tenancy applications.