What should I buy in Curacao?
Here are 8 great things to buy in Curacao, all made right on the island.
- Gift Packs of Orange Liqueur. Curacao is famous for its orange-flavored liqueur by the same name.
- Chichi Doll.
- Tropical-Inspired Handcrafts.
- Aloe Vera Products.
- Dutch Cheese.
- Colorful Paintings by Local Artists.
- Dutch Delft Blue Souvenirs.
What is Curacao best known for?
So, without further ado, here are our top picks of the 18 things Curaçao is known for:
- Stunning beaches.
- Some of the world’s best scuba diving spots.
- A diverse culture and heritage.
- The historic town of Willemstad.
- Queen Emma Pontoon Bridge.
- The colorful Handelskade.
- Orange Liqueur.
- Curaçaoans speak multiple languages.
Is Curacao good for shopping?
The shopping is not duty-free, but is “duty-relaxed”, meaning the shopkeepers pay low duty. And since there is a low sales tax on Curacao, you should be able to get some fairly good deals. You’ll also find an array of shops on the Punda side, particularly at the Waterfort Arches on the harborfront.
What should I buy in Aruba?
Top 10 Best Aruba Souvenirs to Buy
- Aloe Vera Products. The island is a desert.
- “I Love Aruba” Sunscreen.
- Delft Blue Pottery (Dutch Pottery)
- Aruba License Plates.
- Reduced Cost Jewelry and Goods.
- Dutch Cheese, Chocolate, and Stroopwafels.
- Mopa Mopa Art.
- Aruba T-Shirts and Mementos.
Are there sharks in Curaçao?
Substation Curaçao has a shark-centered deep-dive excursion that is dedicated to spotting local shark species, including big-eyed Cuban dog sharks, sevengill sharks, and green murray sharks.
Does Curacao have a red light district?
Curaçao, a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, permits the business of prostitution within its territory within strict regulation.
Which is better Curacao or Aruba?
Curaçao is more of a hidden gem than Aruba, as its smaller sister island is quite popular with tourists. However Aruba probably does have more picturesque beaches with finer white sand, therefore if picture-perfect beaches are your main priority, Aruba is the better vacation choice.
Are mosquitoes bad in Curacao?
Mosquito borne disease is not a problem on Curacao as it is on other Caribbean islands. The strong trade wind and mostly arid climate keeps them down. Besides avoiding damp areas and still areas out of the wind, keep a porch fan running and they will not bother you.
Is it cheaper to buy Louis Vuitton in Aruba?
The prices for the bags in Aruba are little bit higher and some bags are around the same price than the United States. The prices are not the same at all Louis Vuitton locations. In the United States all the Louis Vuitton locations the prices are the same with the exception of Hawaii.
Is it cheaper to buy jewelry in Aruba?
In addition to stunning beaches and dazzling nightlife, Aruba is also famous as a shopping destination, especially for the wide variety of unique, high-quality jewelry and gems. Jewelry in Aruba is always reasonably priced and even cheaper because it is duty-free.