How do you remove the rear bumper on a 2006 Toyota 4Runner?
- Step 1: Remove rear bumper screws.
- Step 2: Remove rear wheel well screws on the splash guards.
- Step 3: Pop push tabs on the splash guards.
- Step 4: Set splash guards to side.
- Step 5: Remove screws on side mounting plastics.
- Step 6: Remove screws near the spare tire.
- Step 7: Plastic Pry Tools – Bumper tabs.
How do you remove the rear bumper on a Toyota 4Runner?
- Unscrew the fasteners for the rear mud flaps using a screwdriver or Torx wrench and remove the flaps.
- Remove the upper bolts on the edge of the bumper with a wrench, which are in the wheel wells.
- Pull the bumper out and away from the vehicle.
What tools do I need to remove a rear bumper?
There will popping plastic sounds, this is the pop-in-place plastic rivets that are the last pieces that hold your rear bumper in place.
- Wrench & Socket Set.
- Phillips Screwdriver.
- Flathead Screwdriver.
How long does it take to replace a rear bumper?
Repairs can take anywhere between 3 hours and 3 days to complete. It all depends on the extent of the damage and whether the auto shop needs to order additional parts. The shop may also need to repair sensors or cameras that could’ve been damaged in the crash, too. A replacement usually takes 2 to 5 days.
How do you install a 4runner Valance?
- STEP 1: REMOVE the clips on the back of the valence.
- STEP 2: SAND, WASH, & DRY THE FRONT OF THE VALENCE.
- STEP 3: REMOVE LICENSE PLATE AND HOLDER.
- STEP 4: PAINT THE VALENCE.
- STEP 5: Install the TOP OF THE valence to the bumper.
- Step 6: Line up that same 3” screw with the existing hole on the 4R bumper.
Can I replace my bumper myself?
Replace a rusted or dented pickup bumper yourself A rusty or dented bumper can drag down the whole appearance of a pickup that’s in otherwise good shape. Having it replaced by a pro will set you back $1,000, but you can save $500 or more in labor and parts by doing the job yourself. It takes only a few hours.
How much does it cost to repair a rear bumper?
The exact cost to repair your rear bumper depends on the extent of the damage and what kind of car you own. In general, most people should expect to spend between $225 and $750. But if you need to replace the rear bumper, then you could end up paying up to $2,000.
How long does it take to repaint rear bumper?
This painting and curing process probably takes the longest since it takes around 6 to 8 hours for everything to dry completely. Once this process is complete, the car is given a thorough cleaning and sent on its way! Replacing a bumper cover is what would normally keep your car in the shop the full three days.